Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've Been RAK'd, Finishes, My First Dye Job

Hello Everyone,  Thank you for coming to my blog!  So much to tell you all. 

First and most importantly I have been RAK'd!  I want to thank
Helen
Pam
and Pamela

I want you to know I am paying it forward also. 

Second my facebook group is taking off.  Please come join us http://www.facebook.com/groups/210565125666090/

Third I have two finishes to share and two frame jobs.  They are a bit wonky, but I love them anyway...


This I made for my mom and just finished it and framed it:



I wanted to keep it but I am not a mom....lol...plus i made it for her while she was in the hospital last week.

This one is the cat I made before and just framed:
I just finished this one, as well:

I did it on aida, i tried it on the linen and just couldnt take it.  I have the chart still and the backing and the beads and string to sew it up, it's supposed to be a pin cushion, but I do not have the linen, i killed that, or the threads, i used those up, but I am giving the stuff that is left away, first who says they want it gets it.

Last but not least....I dyed my own fabric.  I am going to use it with Thine is the Trick and the Treat (Yes I finally got it!!!!!!  I am so happy!!!!) 

I used tea bags.  It has the tye dyed look i wanted.  I am so happy with how it came out.  Excuse the mess in the background! 

Well I hope everyone is doing well.  I look forward to reading your blogs!!

Much Love,
Jenn


18 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Hi Jenn, I'd love to have that piece of linen! Your dye job looks fun. You are daring to try something new! I like your cute finishes with the fabric backing.

SoCal Debbie said...

Oops, I had to read it again. Didn't realize you KILLED the linen and all you have left is the beads and stuff. You should save it for another small project!

socialsue said...

I agree with SoCal Debbie but if u still don't want them, I wouldn't mind if SoCal Debbie doesn't want them. LOL Sorry to hear about what had happened to your project.

socialsue

Meari said...

I'd like to have the dragonfly chart, if you don't need it anymore.

You did a good job on your dye job. Congrats on your finishes, too.

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

Jennifer is the best I paid postage for a mill hill chart and she send me oodles of small kits I thank you so much! Keep stitching and keep the needle on fire!
Kim C

Deb said...

Nice work on the tea dyed fabric! Pumpkin kitty is very cute. Deb

Sari said...

I just love your works!
I havetried a bit dyeing past weeks myself too. Need to put pics in my blog. Some was with tea and some with redcurrant juice (homemade), the juice gave a lovely pink color.

Gabi said...

Cute finishes. Congrats. Your linen looks great.

Unknown said...

Congrats on all the finishes they look great. I love your dye job too, nice work

Pam said...

You're a braver lass than I.. I haven't tried dying any fabrics but you did a terrific job for sure.. Your finishes are adorable.. You're just a little stitching machine girl.. Congratulations on all.. Also congrats on your RAK.. They are always fun.

Heather Shafer said...

You've been busy! And the dye job is to die for! You did a fabulous job on it Jenn! I am going to look for fabric next weekend in LA at the garment district. I have been itching to dye fabric. I hand paint yarn right now. I love it!

Debs in South Texas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debs in South Texas said...

Nice dye job and I love the Pumpkin Kitty.

Vicky L said...

Your finishes are beautiful! What a great job you did on dyeing! Its beautiful!

Kate said...

Congratulations on the cute finishes. Your dyed fabric has turned out beautifully.

Katrien said...

Nice finishes!
Great job on the fabric-dying

MaryT said...

Jenn you did a beautiful job with the dying of your fabric and love the stitching too, especially the cat and pumpkin

Anne Sans Tete said...

Mom's Kitchen is my favorite. It just looks so pristine!

- Lisa N. in Cambodia